A companion specification to xAPI that addresses the structure and supporting services for xAPI Profiles.
This Github repository contains the xAPI Profiles Specification. xAPI is a learning technologies interoperability specification that describes communication about learner activity and experiences between technologies. The xAPI Profiles Specification stands as a companion to xAPI, and is divided into three documents:
- Part One: About xAPI Profiles
- Part Two: xAPI Profiles Structure
- Part Three: xAPI Profiles Communication and Processing
The current version of the specification is 1.0.
What to do if the spec is unclear
If when implementing the specification you find something is unclear or unhelpful, you can help to improve the xAPI Profiles specification by raising an issue here. When raising an issue, please give as much detail as you can in regards to:
- Which part/parts of the specification you are reading.
- Your understanding of what these parts mean.
- The product and feature you are implementing xAPI Profiles in; what’s the use case you are trying to achieve? What user stories are you trying to support?
- How you would like the specification to be improved? Suggest some specific new wording if you like!
You’ll need to sign up for a GitHub account if you do not already have one in order to raise and comment on issues.
How you can contribute
You’ll need to sign up for a GitHub account if you do not already have one in order to contribute to the specification.
ADL’s xAPI Spec Working Group meets the first, second, and third Wednesdays of each month. Instructions to register for these online meetings and more information related to ADL’s xAPI work can be found at https://www.adlnet.gov/xAPI