The phase still leverages SCORM to manage all aspects of a course from launching to learner progress. This phase adds reporting learning experiences via the xAPI, as well as traditional SCORM tracking. This results in records of learning experiences existing in both the LMS and the LRS. However, supplemental learning experience data can be stored in the LRS that may not be able to be tracked through the SCORM API and data model.
For you if..
- Your organization has a heavy reliance on an LMS as the center of your learning architecture.
- Your authoring tools or content developers are primarily experienced creating SCORM content.
- You need to protect investments in existing SCORM-conformant content.
- Your learning / training is primarily, or solely, web-based and singler learner scenarios.
- Your organization is looking to invest in modern learning technologies in the near future.
- The data reporting / analytics support in your LMS is limited or not sufficient.
- You want to track addtional information about a learner's interaction in a course that is not
possible with SCORM.