This phase begins to reduce an organization's reliance on an LMS, but still contains an LMS due to
existing investments and interfaces with other systems. The xAPI SCORM-profile and any additional
xAPI data is tracked by native xAPI content. Launch of this content is managed by a system other
than the LMS. xAPI data which relates directly to LMS data may be synced between the LRS and LMS
so existing system interfaces or reports continue to work.
For you if..
- Your organization relies on an LMS but mainly for existing integrations with other systems,
or to keep historical data until it can be transitioned.
- Your authoring tools or content developers create SCORM content, but also invest in content
managed outside of the LMS.
- Your organization is beginning to use mobile apps, simulations, games or other non-web-based
- Your organization is investing in modern learning technologies and has an LRS available.
- Data reporting or analytics using LMS-provided reports is not sufficient for organizational
- Your organization desires to track additional information about a learner's interaction with
a SCORM course that is not possible with SCORM.